Physical Education Units 1 & 2
Physical Education explores the relationship between body systems such as the musculoskeletal and cardiorespiratory systems and how they work together to produce movement for physical activity. Students investigate the relationship between physical activity, health and society and look at contemporary issues relating to sport.
Areas of Study
- How does the musculoskeletal system work to produce movement?
- The cardiorespiratory system function at rest and during physical activity?
- The relationships between physical activity, sport, health and society
- Contemporary issues associated with physical activity and sport
Internal assessment is based on school assessed coursework including tests, research tasks and case study analysis. Students participate in a series of practical activities, collecting data that will be used to complete a series of laboratory reports.
Successful completion of Year 10 Physical Education and Health is recommended.
Participation in the Body Attack, Personal Power and Training and Sports Coaching electives are beneficial.
Physical Education is valuable for those considering tertiary studies in Exercise Science, Health and Fitness related industries and Physical Education.
Physical Education Unit 3 & 4
Physical Education explores the relationship between anatomical, biomechanical, physiological and skill acquisition principles to understand their role in movement. Students will undertake practical activities to enhance understanding of key concepts relating to human movement.
Areas of Study
- How are movement skills improved?
- How does the body produce energy?
- Foundations of an effective training program?
- Effective training to improve performance
Internal assessment is based on School Assessed Coursework. Students use data collected in practical activities to analyse movement skills and how the body produces energy. Also, students participate in a variety of training methods, and design training programs to improve specific fitness components. External examination at the end of the year.
- Successful completion of Units 1 & 2 Physical Education recommended.
- Participation in Body Attack and Sports Coaching is advantageous.
Physical Education is valuable for those considering tertiary studies in Exercise Science, Health and Fitness related industries.