In VCAL Foundation Literacy, students will receive support to study applied literacy skills that will prepare them for real-world tasks.
Areas of Study
- Oracy for Self Expression
- Oracy for Knowledge
- Oracy for Practical Purposes
- Oracy for Exploring Issues and Problem Solving
- Writing for Self Expression
- Writing for Practical Purposes
- Writing for Knowledge
- Writing for Public Debate
- Reading for Self Expression
- Reading for Practical Purposes
- Reading for Knowledge
- Reading for Public Debate
- Text Analysis
- Self-Improvement Report
- Primary School Reading Program
- Informative Report and Presentation
- Creative Children’s Narrative
- Cultural Discussion Piece
Participation in a VET subject in year 10 is advantageous.
This subject is useful for those looking to transition into TAFE courses, apprenticeships and the workforce as prepared young people.