Year 10 Elective – Wood Technology
During the semester students are engaged in theory and practical work. They design and manufacture a side table with a drawer and shelf that meets the needs in a design brief. Students are introduced to a new range of hand tools and process, giving them the skills necessary to study Product Design Technology (Timber) at year 11. Throughout the semester student’s maintain a design folio that records all aspects of the design process from the initial client profile to the evaluation of the finished product.
Areas of Study:
- Occupational Health and Safety – Students learn to assess hazards within the workshop and to use hazard management strategies.
- Design Folio – Students produce a design folio that covers all areas of the design process including, initial concepts, client profile, design brief, research, visualisations, finial drawings, working drawings and an evaluation.
- Model Production – Students use a variety of hand tools and equipment to produce a product they have designed using a variety of construction methods.
Subject Detailed Information:
Link to VCE Subjects:
- Design Technology (Timber) Units 1-4
- VET Building and Construction
Ms. S. Sloan