Year 10 Mathematics
- Choose, use and develop mathematical models and procedures to investigate and solve problems set in a wide range of practical and theoretical contexts.
- Carry out arithmetic computations involving natural numbers, integers and finite decimals using mental calculations, scientific calculator or other technologies.
- Investigate, recognise and describe geometric properties of common plane and three-dimensional shapes, including cylinders, spheres, cones and prisms.
- Estimate, investigate and measure length, area, surface area, mass, volume, capacity and angle of various shapes and prisms.
- Apply linear algebra rules to rearrange formulae, simplify algebraic expressions, factorise algebraic expressions and solve simultaneous equations.
- Build on financial concepts to connect the compound interest formula to repeated applications of simple interest using appropriate digital technologies.
- Conduct statistical analysis of data to determine centrality, spread and association.
- Estimate probabilities based on data gained from experiments, surveys and simulations.
Areas of Study:
- Money and Financial Mathematics
- Patterns and Algebra
- Linear and Non-linear Relationship
- Using Units of Measurement
- Geometric Reasoning
- Pythagoras & Trigonometry
- Data Representation and Interpretation