Year 9 Elective – Fashion
This course offers students the opportunity for self-expression, through the design and construction of several projects. Students will be designing and making a backpack, a hooded jumper and a recycled garment project. Students will be required to purchase fabric for their jumper and bring a garment for their recycling. They will be required to follow a series of design briefs, which will encourage them to think about the final product and create a series of drawings. They will learn to follow a basic commercial pattern and increase their sewing machine skills. Students will also learn to evaluate their final product through completion of detailed self-assessment and evaluation questions.
Areas of Study:
- Introduction to course
- Introduction to commercial sewing patterns:
- Placement of pattern and fabric
- Cutting out of garment
- Construction of garments:
- Using a sewing machine and other equipment
- Revision of construction and evaluation of outcomes
- Students will complete a series of design assignments throughout the semester
Subject Detailed Information:
Link to VCE Subjects:
- Product Design Technology Textiles Units 1 to 4.
- VET Fashion
Mrs. R. Gramc